Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Banks are getting crazy for customers

The financial crisis has indeed affected banks earning greatly.
I received around 10 calls last week from telemarketers that represent banks to ask if I'm interested to take up their balance transfer and credit card.

Banks are just subcontracting their sales of all these products to different companies. and guess what... I received a call from a lady who asked me whether I'm interested to apply for HSBC credit card, which I'm already using. The worse thing is, I received 2 similar calls within a week. This is so disturbing.

Stan Chart is also another disturbing bank, they kept sending promotional SMS to me. Until the point, where I feel irritated and keyed in 'UNSUB' to send to 78722 to unsubscribe to the service. The question is, I never ever subscribe to their promotional stuff. Why are they spamming my phone? That is not all. 2 days later, I got a SMS from StanChart again. This time around, they stated 'SMS NO to 78722 to unsub'.

All I can say is that if banks were to continue such a behavior of just anyhow subcontracting to different telemarketing companies. Consumers just be irritated by them and possible stop support them to turn to local banks. Yes, all my encounters are with oversea banks.

They are so distrubing...

No comments: